A lot of people still find it hard to get their heads around using natural oils, such as olive oil as a daily face and body moisturiser. But, this common kitchen staple has been used for centuries as a magical beauty multitasker and has so many benefits for the skin.
Olive oil is closer in chemical structure to the skin’s natural oil than any other naturally occurring oil. What this means, is it is easily absorbed by the skin and helps the skin to achieve natural moisture levels. Put simply, using an oil like olive oil on the skin, isn’t designed to make you oily like so many people think. It actually regulates your skin to optimum levels, to keep it well nourished and prevent it from getting dry and wrinkly.
So if you want something that is free from parabens and synthetic fragrances, penetrates deep into your skin’s layers, plus doesn’t cost the earth, the answer is to keep it simple. Check out a magical golden oil.
Like so many things in life, the less is more philosophy is often the key to authentic and effective beauty. Unlike creams, oils penetrate the skin’s deeper layers and provide our complexion with more than just a barrier against free radicals.
Cream is made up of water and an emulsifier of some sort, and wax. With cream, the wax makes it sit on the surface, leaving a protective film on the skin. Whereas, Olive oil is absorbed directly into the skin and it plumps it up from the inside out.
So don’t be shy of using natural oils, your skin will drink what it needs and you will see the benefits instantly.
Benefits of using Olive Oil:
- Rich in healthy fats & phenolic antioxidant vitamin E along with squalene and oleic acids. These help in getting rid of free radicals as well as repair the damage done due to exposure to sun. These elements are also known to reduce the chances of skin cancer as they inhibit growth of tumour cells
- Olive oil helps the skin to regenerate as well as increases the elasticity of the skin.
- All natural – you can support local too by finding an Extra Virgin Olive oil form a local producer
Here are just a few suggestions on how you can incorporate Olive Oil into your daily beauty regime.
- Use as a cleanser - Massage into face (including eye make- up) and then with a warm wet face cloth remove make up. It will keep you feeling clean and nourished. No after cleanser tightness or dryness.
- Use as an all over body & face oil – Massage into skin from your toes to your nose - after each shower or bath. Don’t stress as the idea is not to leave you oily. Your skin will absorb what it needs. If you are oily you have applied too much.
- Use as a leave in hair conditioner – Treat the ends of your hair or all over leave in for night and wash out the next day.
- Use to prevent stretchmarks – massage into growing preggie bellies.
Check out save our skins’ a magical golden oil – made from Xtra Virgin Olive Oil, Mandarin & Calendula for pure skin magic.